There are a few buckle books about, but these two are really the only two I would recommend.

I’m not saying either are perfect, but they’re as close as you’ll get. There’s still lots we don’t know about buckles so the perfect book will never be written.

2984E1E4-CE44-4693-9574-5F1170C9E862.jpeg

• Like 1

Just flicking through Bob Evans book first time in years. Still bugs me he repainted some for this book, and removed tabs. 😞

I remember Jack Angolia telling me in about 2001 that if he'd known the content he would have had nothing to do with it. (He wrote the introduction.) Plenty fakes, repaints and dubious buckles in it. The author basically inflated the prices in it to sell his collection after publication.

books.jpg

I love military history books, I’ve got loads, this is just a fraction of them... but I still don’t read enough. What about you?

0E805A53-7790-478F-8671-2466BCC90C07.jpeg

• Haha 1

I still have all my reference books: armbands, wound badges, buckles, helmets......but: a couple years ago I sold off most of my WW2 books. Kept the ones that meant the most to me but it got to the point where I did not have the room for them. You have a great office Lenny: old cameras, books, militaria....Nice place to "escape". 🙂

Rob

• Like 1

Thanks for that information Lenny,

I’m new to this part of Militaria collecting.

so it would be good to buy a decent reference book.

so many fakes out there 

• Like 1

I also have this one which is excellent & has some great color photos of some rare buckles, including all 3 classes of the Eastern Peoples Leaders buckle.

book, buckles French.jpeg

On 12/05/2020 at 23:27, Rob Lach said:

I still have all my reference books: armbands, wound badges, buckles, helmets......but: a couple years ago I sold off most of my WW2 books. Kept the ones that meant the most to me but it got to the point where I did not have the room for them. You have a great office Lenny: old cameras, books, militaria....Nice place to "escape". 🙂

Rob

I love my office, not easy to show in one pic, but... 

F16A31CC-D23B-47CE-96BC-C1AEA311227E.jpeg

• Like 1

On 13/05/2020 at 17:49, Pete said:

Thanks for that information Lenny,

I’m new to this part of Militaria collecting.

so it would be good to buy a decent reference book.

so many fakes out there 

Nash and Angolia are the main two, but always best to ask in here, the members will help out. 😉

On 14/05/2020 at 20:29, Bonnie said:

Thanks Lenny.So I bought the Nash 10mn ago!👍

It's the best you can get. Not perfect, but the perfect buckle book isn't possible.

• Like 1

Awesome collection! The Marshalls remind me several tours with Motorhead!

Me too for Alan Buridge of the fan club, with my friend Dominique Mesmin.I was MHB503.The iron cross that  Lemmy was wearing is the one I gave him in 91.We were very close.He offer me many things,bayonets,gig tape.....

img042.jpg

WP_20160624_004.jpg